HarlemTrends presents – JAZZ : Past Meets Present
We are happy to bring you our new podcast “HarlemTrends presents – JAZZ : Past Meets Present” mixed for HarlemTrends by friend to the blog RhythmDB. This is a follow up to our “Soulful Mix” podcast we posted in January 2012.
On this new mix we are celebrating new Jazz to Jazz classics. You will hear brand new releases from artists many of whom our own “INtoHarlem” has interviewed and written about exclusively and has helped promote including Gregory Porter. Also on the mix you will hear some jazz standards coupled with various house & hiphop remixes blending all together for a smooth compilation of “Past Meets Present”. Perfect for that after work cocktail hour soundtrack background music.
Please check out the play list of “HarlemTrends presents – JAZZ : Past Meets Presents” below. Please feel fee to leave any comments or questions and please repost and spread the word of Jazz. Harlem is Jazz….Jazz is Harlem. Celebrate!
- She Acts Like a Woman Should (Remix) – Marilyn Monroe
- Nice Work If You Can Get It (Rondo Bothers Mix) – Billie Holiday
- If I Could Be With You One Hour Tonight (46bliss Mix) – Louis Armstrong
- A Night In Tunisia (GW-1 Remix) – Charlie Parker
- Embraceable You (Cordovan Mix) – Sarah Vaughan
- Fontainebleau – DJ Cam
- On My Way to Harlem – Gregory Porter
- Perdido (Live At the Crescendo) – Ella Fitzgerald
- The Lady is A Tramp – Sammy Davis, Jr.
- Avisa (House Mix) – Andre Castano
- Empty Pocket – Himan
- Close to You – PNFA
- Crayola – Terri Lyne Carrington
- Smile Like That – Esperanza Spalding
- Black Bird (The Breakup Song) – Rajdulari
- Love Inside (Alternate Mix) – Todd Edwards
- All Of Me (Charles Feelgood Mix) – Billie Holiday
- Killer (feat. Top Cat) – Boozoo Bajou
- All or Nothing At All (Stuhr Remix) – Jimmy Scott
- Petite Mort (Miguel Migs Remix) – Meshell Ndegeocello